POSITION SUMMARY: To bridge the gap between English and Spanish languages. Interpret spoken words
into and from both languages. Convert written material from one language to another.
· Excellent listening skills.
· Excellent analytical skills to be used to probe for answers.
· Excellent memory.
· Possess an inquisitive nature and be able to ask relevant questions.
· Act as an advocate for the speaker.
· Strong reading and comprehension skills.
· Good writing skills.
· Ability to make translated materials cohesive and easily readable.
· Ability to work with both adults and children.
· Respect and support cultural differences and diverse family structures.
· Demonstrate exceptional work habits and model exemplary attendance behavior.
· Attend mandatory training and staff meetings.
· Advocate for SEK-CAP, Inc. in the community.
· Complete required documentation and reports.
· Maintain and assure confidentiality and privacy of SEK-CAP customers.
· Uphold and promote the Code of Ethics, Core Values, and Mission of SEK-CAP, Inc.
· Support management decisions both in actions and words.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
2. Organized and able to implement systems and follow-up processes, use independent judgment, and produce a quality product within tight time constraints.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
1. Use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
2. Reach with hands and arms.
3. Sit or occasionally stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
4. Regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
5. Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
6. Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
7. Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.
8. Occasional exposure to extreme cold and extreme heat.
9. Operate in a noise level that is usually quiet to moderate.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Community Action Program