Vocal and Instrumental Music Instructor
- Teach Introduction to Music and other classes. Course schedule will vary from semester to semester .Assignments may include evening courses and teaching via alternative delivery systems, such as online.
- Serve as vocal music director responsible for choir and show choir recruitment, practice and performance.
- Serve as instrumental music director responsible for recruitment, practice and performance of pep band and other instrumental groups.
- Work cooperatively with the drama director for theatre performances.
- Play an active role in the Performing Arts Department activities, including but not limited to travel, fundraising, and events.
- Must be available to assist with show choir with a variety of community performances.
- Meet annual recruitment goals.
- May advise current and prospective students in appropriate curricula.
- Assist in selecting textbooks, developing curricula, completing reports, tracking and entering assessment data.
- Plan and implement appropriate activities to supplement instruction.
- Plan, revise, and update curricula.
- Maintain skills in teaching methods and course development as recommended by Pratt Community College.
- Participate, as possible, in faculty development activities at the college and within state and regional organizations.
- Serve actively on institutional committees.
- Maintain records and files as requested by the department and/or Vice President of Instruction.
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of the position.
- Comply with Pratt Community College policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chairperson or the Vice President of Instruction.
- Master of Music or Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in the discipline
- Ability and interest in teaching and directing vocal/instrumental music
- Three years teaching experience; college teaching experience desired
- Ability to work cooperatively with college and high school instructors
- Ability and willingness to teach via alternative delivery systems including online and/or other distance education modes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with staff, students, faculty and other Pratt Community College stakeholders.
- Ability to plan, revise, and update curricula.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, racial, socioeconomic, gender and disabilities populations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a student-centered environment.
- Physical requirements include excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills. The ability to understand words and respond effectively and appropriately. Visual acuity to view a computer terminal; Light/Indoor work environment
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position and its’ responsibilities is essential.
o The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
For full consideration, send completed PCC employment application, resume and copies of transcripts to Personnel Director, Pratt Community College, 348 NE S.R. 61, Pratt, KS 67124. 620-450-2139. You may also visit our web site www.prattcc.edu to apply online or download application. AA/EOE
Transcripts – The hired candidate will be required to submit official, non-issued to student, transcripts.
Start date: 2019 Fall semester
Pratt Community College
SALARY and STATUS
The salary is commensurate with qualifications as determined by the 2019-2020 Master Agreement Salary Schedule. This full-time faculty position is 9-months annual, due process rights eligible, benefit eligible and exempt.
Job Start Date:
August-19-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Rita Pinkall - firstname.lastname@example.org - 620-450-2139
Pratt Community College prattcc.edu
Must apply via http://prattcc.edu/ to receive full consideration.
PRATT COMMUNITY COLLEGE does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by law in all aspects of employment & admission in its education programs or activities. Complete notice can be found at: http://prattcc.edu/eeoEmployer Address:
348 NE SR 61 Pratt, Kansas