Early Childhood Teacher-Olpe
USD 252 Southern Lyon County is currently accepting applications for a Early Childhood Teacher at Olpe Elementary. Licensed teacher with Early Childhood endorsement or seeking an Early Childhood endorsement- 9 month contract- with benefits. Open until Filled.
USD #252 SOUTHERN LYON COUNTY
JOB DESCRIPTION – Early Childhood Preschool Teacher
Purpose: The Preschool Teacher each student to reach his/her highest academic potential through a relevant curriculum in a safe and effective learning environment. In achieving this common goal- the Elementary School Teacher collaborates with other members of the staff and administration to appropriately respond to individual needs and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
- Current Kansas State Licensure with endorsement appropriate to the assignment on file in the Central Office.
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the Central Office.
Reports to: Building Principal
Essential Job Functions:
Planning and Preparation:
- Demonstrate knowledge of content
- Demonstrate knowledge of pedagogy
- Demonstrate knowledge of students
- Select Instructional Goals
- Demonstrate knowledge of resources
- Design coherent instruction
- Assess student learning
- Create an environment of respect and rapport
- Establish a culture for learning where students are engaged
- Manage classroom procedures
- Manage student behavior
- Organize physical space
- Communicate clearly and accurately
- Use questioning and discussion techniques
- Engage students in learning
- Provide feedback to students
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness
- Adhere to contractual responsibilities
- Reflect on teaching practices
- Maintain accurate records
- Communicate with families
- Contribute to the school and district
- Grow and develop professionally
- Show professionalism
- Collaborate with others to achieve a common goal
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move- lift- carry- pull- or push heavy objects or materials.
- Occasionally requires stooping- bending- and reaching.
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Support the mission and vision of the Southern Lyon County Public Schools.
- Assist with the ongoing curriculum revision process as well as other building/district level committee tasks.
- Help to sustain the profession by supervising student teachers- observers- paraeducators- and aides.
- Provide academic assistance to students before and after regular school hours.
- Obtain instructional resources and materials through processes outlined by the principal.
- Supervise students at school by monitoring hallways and common areas.
- Stay abreast of new technologies to facilitate and support student learning- data management- and communication.
- Uphold and enforce board policy- administrative procedures- and school rules/regulations including but not limited to:
- Acceptable use of technology
- Sexual and racial harassment
- Child abuse reporting
- Health and safety including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan
- Communicate effectively with administrators- parents- staff- and community organizations with regard to student progress/needs.
- Interact with students- parents- and staff in a professional manner demonstrating tolerance of individual differences- patience- and sensitivity.
- Maintain appropriate work habits- including regular and punctual attendance; timely submission of required reports; participate in staff- department- and committee/team meetings; contribute to SIT/IEP activities.
- Respect the confidentiality of records and information regarding students- parents- and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics- and state and federal laws.
- Attend/assist with school events; organize/supervise field trips; etc.
- Maintain a substitute folder containing appropriate information as required by the principal.
- Maintain a safe and well-organized instructional space.
- Be prepared to implement the Building Crisis Plan; actively participate in response drills.
- Respond to change in a productive manner.
- Strive to communicate the positive aspects of our school program to the public in word and deed.
- Successfully pass CPR Training (every two years) and Defensive Drive Training (every three years; if transporting Students).
- Comply with all Grant requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal- or other building or district administration.
Terms of Employment: Nine-month contract- 184 days. Negotiated teacher contract USD #252.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Southern Lyon County USD #252 Board of Education’s policy on Evaluation of Licensed Personnel and this job description.https://southernlyon.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1352
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Southern Lyon County USD 252 www.usd252.org
Southern Lyon County USD #252 consist of 3 locations, including Neosho Rapids where one of our elementary schools is located, Hartford where a 6-12 middle school/high school is located, and Olpe where an elementary, middle school, and high school are located. We are located south and southeast of Emporia.
The purpose of the schools in Southern Lyon County USD 252, is to assure that students have a solid foundation in the basic academic areas.
100 Commercial St. Suite A Hartford/Olpe, Kansas