Division/Department: Special Education
Job Category: Administrator
Title: Assistant Director Special Education
Qualifications: *Certification in one or more areas of exceptionality
Endorsement as Supervisor--Supervisor--Special Education or Director of Special Education or new Program Leadership in Special Education or District Leadership.
Building leadership or Building Administrator
*Strong interpersonal and communication skills
*Knowledge of current trends in education
*Familiarity with regulations governing special education
Reports To: Director of Special Education
To perform designated administrative and supervisory duties to insure effective support and operation of special education services in LCNCK.
The assistant shall have responsibility for supervision as follows:
A. Coordinate Staff Development
B. Monitoring Compliance
C. Coordinate activities of selected departments
1. Resolve and manage conflict, and reacts quickly and positively to suggestions and criticisms from other departments within the educational organization.
2. Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with regular education administrators and teachers.
D. Assist in communication and integration between regular and special education
1. Assist the director in maintaining and improving communication with community agencies such as:
a. Social Rehabilitation Services
b. Court Services
c. Mental Health Agencies
2. Assist with the monitoring of special and general education classes that serve children with special instructional needs.
3. Assist general and special education teachers in locating instructional materials and equipment to meet the unique needs of each student.
4. Work with special and general education teachers jointly and individually to program for students based upon their unique instructional and behavioral needs.
5. Encourage the participation of students with disabilities in all school programs and activities.
E. Provide parent support
1. Serve as an advocate for parents and students to assure that special programming is provided for each child in the least restrictive environment.
2. Provide support to parents of students with disabilities as needed.
F. Other duties as assigned.
Term of Employment: July 1 –June 30th
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Evaluation Frequency: Job performance will be evaluated a minimum of 1 time per year.
An Equal Employment/Educational Opportunity Agency
The LCNCK does not discriminate on the basis of sex, or employment in, its programs or activities. Any requests for accommodations or questions regarding LCNCK compliance with Title VI, Title IX, ADA, or Section 504 may be directed to the Coordinator, who is the Director of the Cooperative. The Director can be reached at 785-243-3294. The Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, is also available.
Concordia USD 333Concordia USD 333
Concordia Public Schools, located in North Central Kansas, provide services for more than 1,100 students in Preschool through the 12th grade . Grade configuration includes: Concordia Elementary School - Grades Pre-K-4; Concordia Middle School- Grades 5-6 and Concordia Jr./Sr. High School-Grades 7-12. USD 333 is also the host district for the Learning Cooperative of North Central Kansas, which provides special education services for area school districts. Services include high quality educational opportunities, as well as a wide variety of extra curricular offerings. The schools offer more than 30 clubs, organizations and sports for student participation, and has produced 31 National Merit Finalists.
USD 333 is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that ensures engaged learning, effective teaching, and trusting relationshipsso that all members of the school community reach their highest level of academic achievement.
The district is an equal opportunity employer and shall not discriminate in its employment practices and policies with respect to hiring, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin.
Inquiries regarding compliance may be directed to Superintendent, 217 W 7th St, Concordia, KS 66901-2803, (785) 243-3518 or to:
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission OR Kansas Human Rights Commission
400 State Ave., 9th Floor 900 SW Jackson, Suite 568-S
Kansas City, KS 66101 Topeka, KS 66612-1258