Middle School Principal
Purpose: The principal provides leadership, management and supervisory skills that promote learning for each student.
Qualifications: The principal shall have or be able to obtain a valid Kansas Professional Educator License by the date of appointment. The principal must be of good character and integrity. The principal shall have the experience and skills to work effectively with the staff, district leadership team, students, parents, and community.
- Leads in the development, determination, appropriateness, and monitoring of the instructional program.
- Emphasizes student achievement as the primary outcome of schooling.
- Keeps abreast of changes and developments in the profession and provides opportunities for teachers to share and demonstrate successful practices.
- Makes decisions in a timely fashion and maximizes the effectiveness of those decisions through follow-up actions.
- Maintains ongoing communication with staff, students, and parents.
- Supervises all professional, administrative, and nonprofessional personnel assigned to the school.
- Develops and maintains positive staff morale.
- Models and facilitates good human relations skills; effectively interacts with others.
- Manages the building budget through cooperative planning with the staff.
- Performs such other duties as assigned by the superintendent.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions: The principal may be required to stand, sit, and use equipment for prolonged periods of time and must possess the ability to handle a fast-paced, intense work environment to include evenings and weekends.
How to Apply: Applications are to be submitted using the USD 214-Ulysses district web page at www.ulysses.org, or by clicking here. We appreciate applications be complete by 12:00 noon, January 25, 2019. Ulysses USD 214
Paid family health insurance.
Tuition reimbursement Highly competitive. Commensurate with background and experience.
August 1 - June 15 calendar Job Start Date:
August-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Dave Younger - email@example.com - 1-620-356-3655
Ulysses USD 214 www.ulysses.org
Ulysses USD 214 is located in Grant County. The district has two elementary schools (a preK-2 school and a grades 3-5 school), one middle school, and one high school, There are approximately 1600 students in grades pre-K through 12th. Ulysses USD#214 is the largest 4-A school district in Southwest Kansas, with an enrollment for 2018-2019 of 1600 students and a teaching staff of 100.
Ulysses USD 214
- Up to $150/month student loan repayment options
- $41,550 base starting pay (teacher) for 2018-2019 school year, plus single health plan and fringe
- Teacher Mentoring program in place
- Credit reimbursement for college hours
- Excellent professional development activities available
- Up-to-date curriculum that is aligned with state standards
- Extensive curricular and educational strategies are funded and fully supported.
- Direct deposit for payroll
- Salary deducting for medical reimbursement and qualified day care
- Health & Wellness Program
- Coaching positions and club sponsorships available
To apply or for more information about Ulysses USD 214 please access our website at: http://www.ulysses.org.Employer Address:
111 S. Baughman Ulysses, Kansas